Here are some things I’m loving right now.
Eminem’s Grammy performance of “Love The Way You Lie” with Rihanna, then “I Need a Doctor” with Dr. Dre and Skylar Grey.
I can’t describe the emotions I felt the first time I saw this video.
You picked me up, breathed new life in me. I owe my life to you…
I demand you remember who you are…
You saved my life, now maybe it’s my time to save yours…
And at about 5:18 when Eminem is waving his arm around and says “But I ain’t giving up faith, and you ain’t giving up on me. Get up Dre! I’m dying, I need you, come back for ****’s sake!”
Eminem nailed it with this one. The emotion takes my breath way and brings tears to my eyes. Haven’t we all seen someone slipping away? Someone we admire going down the wrong path? Someone we need no longer being there for us? It can make you feel lost, desperate to have back what you once found so empowering.
Next up… My new Keurig coffee maker!
I am loving the Keurig coffee maker that my
husband children bought me for my birthday. I’m generally not a supporter of single-serving products, but I make an exception in the case of the Keurig.
I love being able to make one single cup of exactly the kind of beverage I want at that minute. Flavored? Decaf? Tea? Hot chocolate? My husband can have his bold coffee, and I can have my breakfast blend, and they will be perfectly brewed every time. And there are no pesky parts you need to remember in order to keep your coffee from spilling all over the kitchen. So far, the coffees I have tried from the sample box have been absolutely delicious.
According to Dr. Andrew Weil (who should independently make my list of favorites), chia seeds have more Omega-3’s than flax seeds. They are also so rich in antioxidants that they have a much longer shelf life than flax seeds without becoming rancid.
Chia seeds slow down the process by which digestive enzymes break down carbohydrates and convert them into sugar. One thing I love about chia seeds is that you don’t have to grind them up. Just add a TBSP of whole chia seeds to your yogurt, smoothie, oatmeal — or anything else you’re eating — to give yourself a major Omega-3 boost with a nice little crunch!
The only thing bad about chia seeds? Running out.
The funny thing about this jacket is that I didn’t mean to purchase it. It was in my shopping cart because I’d been looking at it one day and decided not to purchase it. Then I went in to buy Tina’s daily deal another day, which was coconut butter, and I wasn’t paying much attention. Next thing I knew, I was the proud owner of this jacket, too! It’s a good thing, though, because I love it!!! (UPDATE: If you want one, go to irunlikeagirl.com!)
Last but not least, I wanted to share some of my favorite blog posts of the week with you. I started collecting my favorites to share, then forgot, so it’s a small list. Next week I’ll do better!
- Clare from Fitting It All In linked to an article claiming that only 35% of Taco Bell’s “beef” is actually meat. Not like I ever mistook my Taco Bell meat for filet mignon, but I may never be able to eat there again.
- Retta from Run Retta Run had a great post called “Just Do It – Or Don’t“. I’m always trying to remind myself that sometimes I need to just do things rather than planning them. Instead of thinking, oh I really need to do laundry today, go get the laundry and put it in! This was a great reminder, and this post has inspired me several times this week to just get something done rather than thinking or planning.
- Tina from Carrots ‘n’ Cake posted about how she uses a product called Jing to post screenshots on her blog. I haven’t tried it yet but I’m sure this will come in handy.
- Baking ‘n’ Books posted about a subscription website called yogadownload.com. I’d never heard of it, but it sounds like a really neat idea, especially if I can hook my computer up to my TV to see the yoga videos on the big screen. BnB is also conducting a giveaway to win a free month at yogadownload.com. The entry deadline is tomorrow!
- Missy from Beautiful Struggle posted about making your own Korean kimchi.
Okay, folks, those are my favorite things for this Friday! Several people mentioned that they love “favorites” posts, so I was thinking of making this a link party next Friday. What do you think?