Couch 2 5k week 1 day 2
It took me 5 days to get to day 2 of my C25K program. With a husband out of town and a sick baby who had to stay home two days in a row, there was no way for me to get to the gym. So, with my babies both in daycare, and a huge snowstorm on the way, I knew yesterday was my only chance for a while. I’m so glad I got to the gym. The workout felt great, and I challenged myself a tiny bit more than day 1. Here’s the details:
- I increased my running speed from 5.5 to 6.0, since I’ll have to run at least 6.0 mph to finish a 5k in 30 minutes.
- I reduced my walking speed from 3.8 to 3.5 to help with recovery since I’m not used to running so fast.
- My heart rate got well into the 170’s during the 60-second running intervals, and I could barely get it below160 during the 90-second walking intervals. This is not unusual for me, but I don’t like my heart rate to be in the 170’s for long.
- Total distance 2.04 miles, which is slightly up from day 1’s 1.98 miles.
- Overall, felt really good except for the high heart rate.